Hello from Minnesota!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by countrygirlwannabe, Aug 10, 2011.

1. countrygirlwannabe

countrygirlwannabe Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2011
    West St Paul
    I have been on this web site many times and just never jumped through the hoops of becoming a member. I currently have 8 light sussex and one silver sussex. I hatched them in my basement this spring, I am pretty sure I have 5 hens and 4 up and coming roosters. Unfortunalely where I live I can only have a couple hens. I live in West St Paul and to keep me happy my husband caved and gave me a huge garden and an enclosed chicken coop. I am biding my time until I can acquire some acreage with my family and have as many chickens as I want. This is my second year hatching eggs, last year I hatched two clutches. One was mixed barnyard which all went to live with my mother and the other was light sussex. The sussex went to live with a friend and when they matured we realized I had given her 5 roosters and one hen. She ended up keeping a pair and I have three of my current birds from that pair. They are just such great fun to have I can hardly wait for eggs. I am married, 15 years, and have 3 children. In the perfect world I would have a farm with laying hens, angora goats and highland cattle. I am very excited to be on this great forum.[​IMG]

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Good luck. [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas! [​IMG] It's nice to have you aboard. [​IMG] I wish you the best of luck in getting that farm! [​IMG]

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Welcome to BYC from Florida, born & raised here by transplanted Minnesotans!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] from WA. glad you joined [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Amigo

Amigo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    Greetings from South Carolina! [​IMG] Hope you enjoy it here.

10. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome to BYC! I'm also from MN, it's nice to meet you.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by