Hello from MN!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by saramah, Feb 16, 2015.

1. saramah

saramah New Egg

Jul 29, 2014
    Park Rapids, Minnesota
    Hello, I am excited to find these forums and learn so much just from reading tonight.

We are expecting our first set of chicks in the middle/end of March so I am trying to get everything setup and learn as much as I can about caring for our new chicks. We homeschool our 3 daughters so we will be using the chicks and their care as a valuable part of our learning and day. The girls are beside themselves excited. Our coop is almost ready, we got cut off earlier than we thought we would with winter this year. Just a few little things to finish up, they should be done before the chicks are old enough to be moved into it. Just thought I would stop in and say hi before heading back to do some more research and note taking!

Thanks for reading my intro. :)

Sara
    (Park Rapids, MN)

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

Good luck with your preparation and future chickens! If you have any questions, we'll be happy to help.

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Sara. Glad you decided to our flock. My wife and I home-schooled our children, and now my daughter is following in our footsteps with my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar). Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

5. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

My name is Sarah and my mom homeschools me too!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Sara - nice to meet you. You sound like one very busy mama. Welcome to the Back Yard chickens flock - glad you joined us [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Sara and welcome to BYC! [​IMG] That's great to get the kids involved. Good luck to all of you and if you have questions, feel free to ask.

8. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Sara

Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with your new chicks when they arrive. Raising chicks is a fantastic experience as you watch them grow and develop their own personalities. It gives you a real sense of achievement when they reach adult hood. I hope your children enjoy the experience of them I am more than sure they will. I think you will have some very tame chickens with all the petting they will get!!

Enjoy BYC :frow

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined the BYC "flock".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by