Hello from MO

ChickenNoodle

Chirping
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
I've been hanging around and posting a bit now, so i thought i should introduce myself!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?I recieved 4 baby chicks in a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket last Mothers Day from my chicken loving teenage daughter! I had been talking about wanting to get some chicks, so when she returned from her dads house, she brought me the chicks. 2 red production & 2 australorps. Ruby, Kiwi, Petunia & KC. BEST Mother's Day EVER!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 3 grown & laying hens. Kiwi went to live with the ex-inlaws hens because she was beating up on Petunia pretty badly. Having caught THE CHICKEN BUG, I went and got 6 more chicks a couple weeks ago!!

(3) What breeds do you have?
The 3 laying hens as mentioned above and now: 2 silver laced wyandottes, 2 barred plymouth rock, 1 silver spangled hamburg and 1 white crested polish. They're all pullets except the polish was straight run. We are praying for a girl. We can't have a boy. Eventually, I'd like to get a few silkies. They are just adorable.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Googling, of course!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?travel, photography, stained glass, gardening, reading, horsebackriding. fishing,

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Nurse, Married, 1 daughter, 3 stepkids, 1 yellow lab, 2 shih tzus, 1 cat, a gazillion guppies, & 9 chickens.

welcome-byc.gif
from TN

Back
Top Bottom