Hello from Montana!

Gramma B

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I first got 12 chicks last year (2020)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I started with 12 hens and inherited a rooster.

(3) What breeds do you have?

My 12 hens were all Barred Rock raised from chicks I got from the local feed stripe store. i inherited an Americana rooster. I had two hens that disappeared, (suspected hawks or owls). A third hen ‘disappeared’ and I did not see her for weeks. This morning she ‘reappeared’ with 12 chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love the eggs but really enjoy the entertainment of just watching them interact with one another and me.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Reading, working, children and now a first grandchild.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

See #5

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I’ve been a stalker for months, but joined when concerned about a hens that reappeared with 12 chicks. I’m eager to hear from others sharing their experiences and expertise.

Attachments

• 303FB5C7-F920-4B59-ACF8-D441999330C7.jpeg
    303FB5C7-F920-4B59-ACF8-D441999330C7.jpeg
    884.9 KB · Views: 12
So, now you have a grandchild AND grandchicks! Congrats on the return of your girl and on her adorable babies. It must have been a wonderful feeling to see her return -- and a great surprise to see her additions to your flock.

Welcome to BYC, and thanks for sharing that beautiful photo of the proud mama and her fuzzball family!

Back
Top Bottom