Hello from Montana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TnT Poultry, Mar 6, 2013.

1. TnT Poultry

TnT Poultry Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2013
    Drummond, Montana
    I am a new member, however have searched the site many times for valuable info and advice! I have a rainbow flock of 50 or so standard hens and a Partridge Rock Roo. I have set eggs in the incubator twice this year and hatched 10/12 fertile eggs and 16/18 fertile eggs in my Rcom20 incubator. Will set 18 more on March 9. The last 2 batches we sold/given to my cousin. Love chickens!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]. Glad you're enjoying it here! [​IMG]

3. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

4. TnT Poultry

Mar 6, 2013
    Drummond, Montana
    I
    [​IMG]. Glad you're enjoying it here! [​IMG] I am having trouble figuring out how to "post" and join the contest. Can someone help?

5. mrsmatozo

mrsmatozo New Egg

Mar 6, 2013
    I don't see a new thread link I have a pressing question

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    mrs.Matoso [​IMG] If you'd tell us your problem someone here is bound to help or steer you in the right direction.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, TNT, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! I'm a hatching rookie myself but it seems that 1 roo for 50 hens might be insufficient if you wanted to make sure the eggs you are attempting to hatch are fertile....again, I'm a hatching newbie and could be way off base. Good luck to you and have fun with your birds!! Have fun!!

8. mrsmatozo

mrsmatozo New Egg

Mar 6, 2013
    My poor chicks leg is crazy super swollen and kinda discolored where the swelling is and she's limping and the other chicks were trampling her so we separated her but shes kinda like crying as she breathes and this just happened out of nowhere she was healthy a day ago

9. TnT Poultry

Mar 6, 2013
    Drummond, Montana
    Ye
    Greetings from Kansas, TNT, and :welcome !  Great to have you here!  I'm a hatching rookie myself but it seems that 1 roo for 50 hens might be insufficient if you wanted to make sure the eggs you are attempting to hatch are fertile....again, I'm a hatching newbie and could be way off base.  Good luck to you and have fun with your birds!!  Have fun!!

10. TnT Poultry

Mar 6, 2013
    Drummond, Montana
    Yes, I agree that 1 Roo may not be enough, but my second Roo died of Mareks I believe. I got rid of all the others. This guy has managed to stay nice enough to stay around. I have little kids and naughty Roos don't stay long. I am getting 5 straight run blue laced red Wyanadottes and hope for a nice Roo there for next year. My first batch of eggs I had 12/18 fertile, second batch 18/18 fertile. Not sure if that was just luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by