Hello from NC

Bawkbawksquad

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2021
Hello! I'm Leah and with my kids we are raising up our own little Bawk Bawk Squad as we call them. Can't wait to get to know you guys 😁

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had some as a kid but it's been over a decade since I've been around them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
6 less than a week old chick's

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 golden comets, 2 splash ameraucana, white leghorn, smokey pearl

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Teaching our 3 year old and 5 year old about them

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I own a bow small shop and we also raise kune kune pigs.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We have a French mastiff, River. A lab/shepherd Creek. 2 kunekune pigs for meat and my husband and I have 3 children.

Attachments

• 20210420_204504.jpg
    20210420_204504.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 14
  • FB_IMG_1618967222974.jpg
    FB_IMG_1618967222974.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 6
Years ago one of our members decided to add kune kune pigs to her farm. I don't think she expected them to be so large and forceful, just more animals she gave away. She also(for a very brief time) had emus, I believe till the female poked her in the mouth and broke out a tooth.

Years ago one of our members decided to add kune kune pigs to her farm. I don't think she expected them to be so large and forceful, just more animals she gave away. She also(for a very brief time) had emus, I believe till the female poked her in the mouth and broke out a tooth.
Luckily ours are fairly gentle. They come when called and are even well behaved enough we began letting them out of their pen to graze. They will be butchered come October/November.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1618971906487.jpg
    FB_IMG_1618971906487.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom