1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from NC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lisao, Apr 10, 2011.

1. lisao

lisao New Egg

Apr 10, 2011
    Hi everyone! I am brand new as a member but I have been getting wonderful information from the site for a few weeks now!

My husband and I have four boys and moved from Charlotte closer to the foothills in NC over 11 years ago. We started raising our chickens almost eight years ago. We started with one rooster and two hens, yellow legged and green or grey legged hatch. We live in the country and have lost quite a few due to natural predators and had to practically start over a couple of years ago. Fortunately, we were able to get back some of our chickens offspring and a few new ones.

We enjoy watching them and my husband says they can be great therapy after a hard day! lol They are characters! Last year we had a population explosion! I can't wait until I can post some pictures to see if anyone can help me identify what we have now.

I homeschool and we are building a hen house so that we can purchase some laying hens to help feed all of these boys. We also hope to have enough eggs so that our boys can sell a few at the local farmers market. They love the idea of having their own little 'farm business'! We are soaking up information from the internet to educate ourselves about chickens.

We also raise a pig each year for the last two years, I did say FOUR boys, to help feed the crew and have many pets. We love animals and are so blessed to have a place to raise our children that allows us to expose them to a simpler way of living!

I look forward to meet many of you and helping one another with these beautiful birds!

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] from PA!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]