Hello from Nevada!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mlower0903, Mar 26, 2017.

1. mlower0903

mlower0903 New Egg

Mar 26, 2017
    Battle Mountain, Nevada
    I am from Southeastern Idaho and grew up with chickens. I now have a family of my own and would like my kids to have the experiences associated with owning animals and learn responsibility. We live in Battle Mountain, Nevada and I can't wait to get my first chicks!

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have joined us.

Congrats on your decision to get your own flock. Hope your children will enjoy the adventure as much as I have [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, mlower, and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! Cool that you are involving your kids with chickens...lots of great lessons to be learned. If you'd like a refresher on chickens, the Learning Center is packed with truly informative articles: http://www.backyard chickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    And you can visit with fellow NV poultry folks in your state thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and good luck on your chicken expedition! :)

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under mlower0903 [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Kids and chickens seem to go together like peas and carrots...have fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by