Hello from New-Brunswick, Canada

albou

In the Brooder
Oct 29, 2020
New-Brunswick, Canada
Hi Everyone, my name is Alex, and my Wife's name is Catherine, and we are from New-Brunswick, Canada.

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

My wife and I are new to having chickens. We've had our current flock for around 4-5months now. (Raised them from day old chicks)

How many chickens do you have right now?/What breeds do you have?

We currently have 12 ISA Brown chickens and 1 rooster that we got from some friends (Buff Orpington/White Leghorn cross). The rooster is a few weeks older than our hens.

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

My favorite aspect of having chickens is that we know where our eggs comes from. We know that our chickens are being treated well, and in return they give us eggs that taste so much better. We also find them entertaining to observe and interact with. We have one that likes to jump on our arm when we go in the run.

What are some of your other hobbies?

Outside of our chicken, we like gardening, landscaping, and doing other house renovations and improvements. I enjoy any time I get to play with my tools :). At heart we are both nerds, Catherine likes to read books, and I like playing video games.

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Catherine and I have been together for 5 years now, and we've been married for just over a year. We just purchased our first house a year ago this month.
Catherine is a Daycare worker, and I'm a Programmer. We currently have 2 cats and are waiting on our first dog. We should be getting him late winter.

How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

This forum has been my #1 source of information since we received our baby chicks. I can't count the amount of times I found the answers to my questions here.
I finally decided to join the community, because I wanted to also be part of the conversations.

It is a pleasure to now be part of this community.

Attachments

• chickens.PNG
    chickens.PNG
    865.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Rooster.PNG
    Rooster.PNG
    759.2 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to the flock! :jumpy

As you’ve already seen, EVERYTHING chicken, and a lot that’s not, is right here. You can easily get lost, and find yourself a couple of hours later, still right here.

You spoke well for many of us when you listed your favorite reasons for having chickens. We‘re glad to have you both, and your birds, in the community!

(and speaking of community, my husband and I traveled to yours in 2018. It was lovely, wonderful, and so very civil.)

Back
Top Bottom