Hello from New Mexico!!

pajuxi

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2023
Hi from Albuquerque! I am a long time animal lover but a first time chicken keeper- I recently purchased my first house and it came with a chicken coop in the backyard (a very very rough one, my boyfriend and I have been putting a lot of work into making it perfect for our little ladies lol) and we just got our first chicks this weekend :)

now for those sample questions!
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I consider myself new to chickens! My family had a backyard flock when I was very young so i wasn't really the one "keeping" them ahaha

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 5 lovely silly chicks!

(3) What breeds do you have?
my new flock consists of Goose (Easter Egger with a 50/50 chance of being frizzled!), Coco (Blue Splash Maran), Sprinkles (Speckled Sussex), Kiwi (Black Silkie) and Paris (White silkie, not 100% if thats gonna be her name yet lol)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
While I haven't made it past the brooder yet, our chicks are so fun to watch! Me and my boyfriend call it "chicken TV" and we can just watch them peck around and show off their different little personalities for hours. Looking forward to seeing them explore new areas and grow into beautiful hens!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Outside of chickens, i really enjoy keeping houseplants, gardening, drawing, hiking, and caring for my other pets

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a digital artist for a living and have a lovely gaggle of other pets, besides my new chicks i have 2 dogs, a leopard gecko, a cornsnake and a bioactive 35 terrarium that im trying to figure out what i wanna add into, right now its an isopod farm lol

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
BYC was a top result for almost any question i had in my 2 whole days of raising chicks, so i figured why not join lol!

Attachments

• chickies.jpg
    chickies.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hi from Albuquerque! I am a long time animal lover but a first time chicken keeper- I recently purchased my first house and it came with a chicken coop in the backyard (a very very rough one, my boyfriend and I have been putting a lot of work into making it perfect for our little ladies lol) and we just got our first chicks this weekend :)

now for those sample questions!
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I consider myself new to chickens! My family had a backyard flock when I was very young so i wasn't really the one "keeping" them ahaha

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 5 lovely silly chicks!

(3) What breeds do you have?
my new flock consists of Goose (Easter Egger with a 50/50 chance of being frizzled!), Coco (Blue Splash Maran), Sprinkles (Speckled Sussex), Kiwi (Black Silkie) and Paris (White silkie, not 100% if thats gonna be her name yet lol)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
While I haven't made it past the brooder yet, our chicks are so fun to watch! Me and my boyfriend call it "chicken TV" and we can just watch them peck around and show off their different little personalities for hours. Looking forward to seeing them explore new areas and grow into beautiful hens!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Outside of chickens, i really enjoy keeping houseplants, gardening, drawing, hiking, and caring for my other pets

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a digital artist for a living and have a lovely gaggle of other pets, besides my new chicks i have 2 dogs, a leopard gecko, a cornsnake and a bioactive 35 terrarium that im trying to figure out what i wanna add into, right now its an isopod farm lol

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
BYC was a top result for almost any question i had in my 2 whole days of raising chicks, so i figured why not join lol!
Welcome to BYC!!

Hello neighbor and welcome to BYC!

Down here in the South Central Mountains of New Mexico! :frow

Your flock sounds lovely, nice variety of breeds!! Adorable babies in your photo! :love

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!
wow another new mexican!! always awesome to see! :D thanks so much and your flock looks lovely too!

Back
Top Bottom