New Mexico

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by babyhueyk, Oct 1, 2007.

1. babyhueyk

babyhueyk New Egg

Sep 9, 2007
    New Mexico
    Just geting started at this I have 16 Cortnixquail now. With chicks on the way.[​IMG] I am a 68 [​IMG] year old retired truck driver with time on my hands.[​IMG] This seems like a good way to fill it.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I am new to having chickens also and I am having so much fun with them right now we are building our first coop -nothing fancy but I like how it is coming along.
    What part of new mexico are you in? I am in Clovis and am loving this warm weather we are still having- makes building coop alot easier LOL
    What kind of chickens do you have coming?

3. babyhueyk

babyhueyk New Egg

Sep 9, 2007
    New Mexico
    Hi I live All the way over to Portales.[​IMG]
    I am thinking about the Buffs but it will be in the spring before I get them. I live 12 miles out of town by Bethel.[​IMG]

4. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    Well I should say hi neighbor !! we are not that far from each other. If you need help getting a few birds I have a few I would like to rehome - they are around 4-5 months ( give or take) I have 1 light brahma,1 silver laced cochin, and 1 americana all pullets.I can post a picture of a few of them if you are interested.

Katrina89 likes this.
  5. babyhueyk

babyhueyk New Egg

Sep 9, 2007
    New Mexico
    Think you for the offer but I am looking for hen to lay large eggs. I love my eggs ever morning.I will keep you in mind.

6. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    i'm in los lunas. hi!

7. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Hey there, I was stationed at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque for 10 years when I was active duty. I'm in NC now, originally from GA, but NM will always have a special place in my heart. I loved Madrid, Los Lunas, Taos, Sante Fe, and all the puebleos and natives. Being Cherokee myself I found myself more at home than I ever thought. My brother who came out to visit me and never left 15 years ago, still lives there. I plan to go see him real soon. Would luv to be there again.

Welcome to BYC..

Katrina89 likes this.
  8. Zenbirder

Zenbirder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    Hi from the west of the state.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  9. picklespickles

Oct 27, 2007
    hi to you both [​IMG].

10. picklespickles

Oct 27, 2007
    does anyone want to meet part way for a chicken party at a coffee house or something before it gets too snowy for a lot of travel. maybe we could fix it so everyone only had to drive like an hour?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by