Brooder temperature with heat plate

Webbykins

In the Brooder
May 3, 2023
Recently moved my brooder to the garage and added a heat plate. The chicks are not going under the plate but instead all on the opposite side of the brooder. Thermometer reads about 68 over there. I have a heat lamp overhead just because the outside Temps are a tad chilly. High of 51 today. Chicks are about 1 week old and almost 3 weeks old. No distressed peeping but im now stressing. I don't want to lose any because of the move to the garage.

Attachments

• 20240318_185710.jpg
    20240318_185710.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 46
If the chicks haven't used a plate before, you might have to 'show' them by holding them under until they feel the heat. Turn off the heat lamp and make sure the plate is at the right height for them to touch their backs to it. Plate should be a tad higher in front than in back so they can find the place they ft the best.

If the chicks haven't used a plate before, you might have to 'show' them by holding them under until they feel the heat. Turn off the heat lamp and make sure the plate is at the right height for them to touch their backs to it. Plate should be a tad higher in front than in back so they can find the place they ft the best.
I tried. They acted like it was the end of the world and ran back out

Also if you get a auto thermostat the temp stays regulated great

Back
Top Bottom