Hello from New York

Fool2Think

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 29, 2011
Hello everybody,
My name is Tom. My friend Brandon and I have a small flock. We got our original 5 chicks and 1 duck 2 years ago. We currently have a flock consisting of some mixed breeds(Seabright cock x with Ameracuana,Barred Rock, White Leghorn, and Rhode Island reds.) They were our first hatching project from our own hens. We also have 2 Buff Laced polish hens, a pair of Salmon Faverolles, 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes, A pair of the cutest little game birds, one Buff American goose, and an assortment of pigeons and 1 cat. We also just purchased a yearling pair of White Silkies. The hen is ill and we are trying to figure out the best way to treat her, I posted in the health section about it.

We live in Upstate NY and have a few acres that we let the chickens free range on. It's funny how someone who I thought would have zero interest in having chickens(Brandon) has become the one who has to have more! LOL In fact, we currently have 40 eggs in the incubator. We are hatching pure breeds with a couple of mixed breed also. The pure breeds are Blue Orpingtons, Americuana, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Buff Orpingtons, Buff Leghorns, and some others, I forget right now. After this we may hatch some button quail eggs, unsure if we want them though.

Anyhow~ I look forward to getting to know you all through this forum and surely will appreciate any advice/insight that will be given.

Cheers,
Tom O.

Welcome to the addiction.
big_smile.png
That incubator was a bad idea, now you'll never be able to stop!!

Enjoy the forum!
frow.gif

I guess I should have said Central NY, I live in the Elmira/Corning area. We are located South of Ithaca. Thanks for the Welcome!

The incubator was a bad idea, now we have 2 of them, and we are thinking about one of those commercial sized incubators now! OMG

I raise poison dart frogs and so I know just how addicting this hobby can get, the good thing about chickens is that they are cheaper than frogs! LOL

Back
Top Bottom