Hello from New Zealand!

Tantrumm

Hatching
Mar 11, 2016
Stillwater, New Zealand
I recently inherited some hens and their chicks and I could not have gotten this far (or kept them alive) if it wasn't for this site - I have used it for almost everything regarding my hens and other various feathered friends and thought it was about time I signed up.
I have found that most of the information/advice was in "US speak" so after months of converting to "Kiwi-talk" I thought I may be able to help others in this part of the world needing direction. So hello from New Zealand!!

I am a mum to 10 boys, and 3 girls (all have left home), wife and entrepreneur - I run my own company and in my 'spare' (lol) time I am a pretend farmer with my (ALL rescues) 2 Barbary Doves, 2 Japanese Quail, 6 Chinese Quail, 5 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Flemish Giants, 2 Wild Bunnies, a baby pheasant, 2 kittens, a dog & a husband - who all live in the house, except the hens and occasionally the husband ;-)

welcome-byc.gif

That's quite an assortment of animals you have, must keep things interesting!

We have other members from NZ here, I think if you put New Zealand in the Search box, you'll find some of them.

Thanks for joining us!

welcome-byc.gif
glad you decided to join us.

You certainly stay quite busy, raising 13 children and now with a business and "the farm".

Enjoy the forums.

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to hear that you are building your US - Kiwi translation repository! I get a little lost sometimes (thats nothing new I should add) with terminologies - its all part of the fun of BYC! Thankfully, there's almost no rugby talk here, (so there's limited opportunity for gloating
smile.png
) which is a blessing cos I'm English and the less said about the World Cup, the better!
wink.png

All the best
CT

I recently inherited some hens and their chicks and I could not have gotten this far (or kept them alive) if it wasn't for this site - I have used it for almost everything regarding my hens and other various feathered friends and thought it was about time I signed up.
I have found that most of the information/advice was in "US speak" so after months of converting to "Kiwi-talk" I thought I may be able to help others in this part of the world needing direction. So hello from New Zealand!!

I am a mum to 10 boys, and 3 girls (all have left home), wife and entrepreneur - I run my own company and in my 'spare' (lol) time I am a pretend farmer with my (ALL rescues) 2 Barbary Doves, 2 Japanese Quail, 6 Chinese Quail, 5 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Flemish Giants, 2 Wild Bunnies, a baby pheasant, 2 kittens, a dog & a husband - who all live in the house, except the hens and occasionally the husband ;-)
Goodness you sound busy! Lots of helpful wise people here.Hello from Penny in Auckland.

Back
Top Bottom