Hello from NH

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio.

Thanks everyone.

TinyChicky,

I graduated from Nashua high school in '80. I spent lots of summer afternoons swimming in Silver Lake and fishing the Nashua River. (small world) Since I haven't built my coop yet Ive been researching it. Can I ask what you do about insulation and/or heating your coop?

ChickNerd:

This is a little off-topic but I think I can relate it. I've been brewing beer/cider/meade for 21 years, it's an obsession. I use as much as 25 lbs of malted grain (includes: barley, flaked wheat and whole wheat, flaked rye, flaked oatmeal) to make a 5 gallon (2 cases) of beer. The spent grain has been going into the compost pile, but now some of it might go to the girls as an occasional treat. I have the same question for you, if I can. What do you do about insulation and/or heating your coop?

Thanks everyone.

TinyChicky,

I graduated from Nashua high school in '80. I spent lots of summer afternoons swimming in Silver Lake and fishing the Nashua River. (small world) Since I haven't built my coop yet Ive been researching it. Can I ask what you do about insulation and/or heating your coop?

ChickNerd:

This is a little off-topic but I think I can relate it. I've been brewing beer/cider/meade for 21 years, it's an obsession. I use as much as 25 lbs of malted grain (includes: barley, flaked wheat and whole wheat, flaked rye, flaked oatmeal) to make a 5 gallon (2 cases) of beer. The spent grain has been going into the compost pile, but now some of it might go to the girls as an occasional treat. I have the same question for you, if I can. What do you do about insulation and/or heating your coop?

Back
Top Bottom