Hello from NorCal!

BreakneckRedneck

Chirping
Jun 27, 2022
Hello all! I’m Bubba, hailing from the Sacramento area. I currently have 4 hens and one brave roo. It’s the only good group photo I have, so here’s the flock when they broke in to the tank house to steal cat food. How rude!

5D62B4BB-5D98-4F8F-BD5B-18AEF1896777.jpeg

Here’s my answers to the recommended questions;

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Somewhat, but I’m getting there! My oldest girls (Cowboy and Crow) are a little over 2 years old. I started my journey right as the pandemic started around Easter of 2020

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

5 total; our rooster Captain Spaulding, Cowboy, Crow, Cheeseburger, and Cujo

(3) What breeds do you have?

Spaulding is a Rhode Island Red, Cowboy is a dark Brahma, Crow is a bluebell egger, Cujo is a frizzle cochin, and I don’t recall what Cheeseburger is. Maybe a wellsummer, although I’m sure that wasn’t what she was sold as

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They bring me so much joy! I absolutely love watching each and their unique personalities. It’s also a great feeling to be able to gift my friends fresh, colorful eggs

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I’m a 3D artist by trade, but I also enjoy collecting, field sport shooting, wakeboarding, and watching movies (especially horror)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I’m the oldest of 2 siblings and oldest cousin total. Very fortunate that all of my close family lives within driving distance! Besides my chickens, I have a chocolate lab and 3 lovely cats as well. I’m a property super and create custom costumes on the side

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Found it through many Google searches! It’s been a total lifesaver. I finally decided to join because now I have a few questions of my own lol

Hello all! I’m Bubba, hailing from the Sacramento area. I currently have 4 hens and one brave roo. It’s the only good group photo I have, so here’s the flock when they broke in to the tank house to steal cat food. How rude!

View attachment 3166036

Here’s my answers to the recommended questions;

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Somewhat, but I’m getting there! My oldest girls (Cowboy and Crow) are a little over 2 years old. I started my journey right as the pandemic started around Easter of 2020

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
5 total; our rooster Captain Spaulding, Cowboy, Crow, Cheeseburger, and Cujo

(3) What breeds do you have?
Spaulding is a Rhode Island Red, Cowboy is a dark Brahma, Crow is a bluebell egger, Cujo is a frizzle cochin, and I don’t recall what Cheeseburger is. Maybe a wellsummer, although I’m sure that wasn’t what she was sold as

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They bring me so much joy! I absolutely love watching each and their unique personalities. It’s also a great feeling to be able to gift my friends fresh, colorful eggs

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I’m a 3D artist by trade, but I also enjoy collecting, field sport shooting, wakeboarding, and watching movies (especially horror)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m the oldest of 2 siblings and oldest cousin total. Very fortunate that all of my close family lives within driving distance! Besides my chickens, I have a chocolate lab and 3 lovely cats as well. I’m a property super and create custom costumes on the side

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Found it through many Google searches! It’s been a total lifesaver. I finally decided to join because now I have a few questions of my own lol
welcome i used to live in NC for 10 years
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom