Hello From North Carolina.

SMPfarm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 21, 2014
Waynesville, North Carolina
Hello Everyone.

I just wanted to introduce ourself's to you. We are Smokey Mountain Poultry & are located in the mountains of western north carolina.

Smokey Mountain Poultry is a small family owned poultry farm on the outskirts of Canton, NC in the Bethel Community. We are NPIP Certified (US Pullorum-Typhoid FREE Farm) and Licensed through the State of North Carolina.

We have been raising poultry for 15+ years and only have Purebred breed's. We strive to acquire only the best gene lines in the breed's of poultry that we raise. We are now offering our love and passion of raising poultry to the public.

Type's of poultry raised on our farm include but are not limited to... Peacock's, Grey Junglefowl, approximately 10 + different breed's of chicken's (Silkie's, Marans, Heritage Rhode Island Red's, and Tolbunt Polish, just to name a few), Pheasant's, Call Duck's, Mandarin Duck's, and a wide variety of hatching egg's.

We look forward to meeting new people here and enjoying the wonderful world of raising Chickens. You can see all the Breeds of Birds that we raise on our facebook page, please take a look and if we can be of any help please let us know.

Thank You
Tim & Anne West
Owners.

Last edited:
images

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Hello Tim and Anne,
I'm so excited to find you!! I've recently bought some property in Asheville and brought some chickens with me from breeders I know in Savannah. I refuse to buy from the "big" guys!! I've been instrumental in getting folks in Savannah keeping chickens in their urban/suburban environs. I started and ran a backyard chicken coop tour for 5 years called the "tour de coop" as a fundraiser for a community garden organization I founded called Savh Urban Garden Alliance. Both groups have facebook pages. The chicken FB group is called Savannah Backyard Chickens. I reached out to the local Avl "chicken lady" through facebook but haven't had a reply, I was asking about local breeders :) I found you through my FB Savh chicken page via a link shared from this site.
Anyway- all that to say, YAY, can't wait to visit. However, will wait for warmer weather!! I'm sitting it out in Savh right at this moment!!! Be back this weekend though.
See you soon neighbor!!
Kelly

Back
Top Bottom