Hello From North Carolina.

Welcome to BYC!!
highfive.gif

Hi Kelly

It is good to hear that you have bought property in Asheville, it is a beautiful here. I don't blame you for staying in Savannah right now as we just got about 3 to 4 inches of snow...lol. Tim & I have raised chickens and other birds for about 20 years now. We decided to start selling to the public about 2 years ago,because of the same reason you stated. We had so many people come to us complaining about the hatchery chicks ( sick, dieing, ) etc.

We have went to great lengths to find the best & purest of lines that we can. We have a hatchery set up here and we only hatch from our breeding stock. All of our chickens are in seperate pens by breeds. we do not mix our chickens. We let different pens out to free range daily so that everyone gets a chance to forage & play.

We so enjoy raising our birds and meeting people. We look forward to meeting you and showing you around the farm. It sounds like you have been busy in Georgia and have done a lot of good there. I am sure they appriciate all that you have done.

We do have a few good local breeders here but very few. I am sorry that the other lady did not get back to you, but I am so glad that you found us... I just joined Back Yard chickens today and so far am loving it, everyone on here seems so nice and willing to help out in any way they can. Please go to our facebook page & get our phone number there and give us a call when you get to Asheville.

I would love to see your chickens also. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for all the warm welcome's. I am so glad to see a site that has such nice people on it. We look forward to being BYC members for a long time. If we can be of any help to anyone please let us know & we will do our best to help,out. :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom