Hello from north central Texas!!

mstrawn3

Songster
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Princeton, Texas
Hi everyone!!

This is a fantastic site! You guys have done an exellent job with it. If you can't find the information you need here then it just can't be found!! I've been reading the forum for about eight months and I learn something new just about every time I read. I'll use the introduction template to make it easy...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? No, my first chicken was a cornish game bantam rooster given to me by a neighbor when I was 12. Man! Just look what he got started!! I raised chickens through high school in the FFA. My senior year, at our county livestock show, I won Reserve Champion with a Black Australorp cockrel, Reserve Champion with a Black Australorp pullet, and Grand Champion with a Dominique pullet. After high school I gave up raising chickens for 25 years. My son, who is now in high school, wanted to raise chickens for his FFA project. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed raising chickens... Soo, I'm back!!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 52 + 160 eggs in the incubator due starting on Easter... Sounds like trouble!

(3) What breeds do you have? 21 Black Australorps, 2 RIR's, 4 Dominiques, 3 Golden Laced Polish, 2 Blue Cochin bantams, 5 BO's, 5 SLW's, 10 Blue Ameracuanas

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Web search, I was looking for coop info.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I like to fish, hunt, and I love to watch my kids play baseball/softball.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Been married for 19 years. We have a son, 15, and a daughter, 12. 4 yellow labs and 1 cat..

Looking foward to meeting fellow chicken freaks!!

welcome-byc.gif

Yay, another person has de-lurked themselves! EIGHT months of lurking??? Glad you finally succumbed to BYC's charms and joined.

Back
Top Bottom