Hello from North Dakota!

Already looking forward to Spring and I'm sure all my ND chicken friends are too!!!

Just wondering if anyone knows dates of Spring poultry swaps coming up? I have 10 hens and my husband wants to go up to 50!! Seems like quite a jump to me, but... I'm in.
1f62c.png

Looking for specific breeds.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @NDchickennewbie
frow.gif
Welcome, from my little piece of heaven in the SW corner of the state! I'm assuming you are looking for egg layers?
big_smile.png

I don't know much about swaps specifically - but I do know of two alternative animal sales and I think in the last year or so they have become more popular with the poultry folk! Link Here is for the New Salem ND sale...and I think there is also one in Rugby as well....?? Maybe the same day??.... I also follow a few ND/MN Facebook groups that are pretty helpful with finding breeders and more "pure stock" than what you might pick up at the sale. Feel free to message me for those!!

Thanks everyone.
My girls had a run in with a weasel a few nights back and it was a total loss.
1f62d.png

I'm starting from scratch with 15 chicks from Meyer Hatchery. I'm sooo nervous about them being shipping in the mail!!! Gah!! They will be here mid-May, we will see how it goes.

Thanks everyone.
My girls had a run in with a weasel a few nights back and it was a total loss.
1f62d.png

I'm starting from scratch with 15 chicks from Meyer Hatchery. I'm sooo nervous about them being shipping in the mail!!! Gah!! They will be here mid-May, we will see how it goes.

Ohhh no!!! This is literally my chicken nightmare. So sorry
hugs.gif
I've had racoon problems in the past, and in that case the hens just disappeared one or two for a while before we caught the bugger. I've heard weasel attacks are horrible.

I have ordered chickens once before from a hatchery and they arrived all in good health - was a great first experience! I like to think of it as "beginner's bliss" because I really had no thoughts/cares/concerns about the order ... I now have several orders on order for this spring and am now a nervous wreck like you haha! I planned for May as well, figured they needed all the help they can get, weather wise!!

Hello, and welcome to BYC! I am quite glad you joined us, please make yourself at home, I think you are going to like it here! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom