Hello from North Georgia!

Lemur

In the Brooder
May 16, 2024
Hello all. I've been lurking for a while and using all the excellent information on this page. Thought it was time to officially join!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We got our chickens in Oct '23 unexpectedly from a neighbor who was downsizing her flock. An opportunity that presented itself earlier than planned!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
5 hens and one roo (unplanned!)

(3) What breeds do you have?
"Backyard hens" - maybe a Rhode Island Red and a couple Crested Cream Legbars

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are so much more amusing and social than I ever imagined.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, running, sourdough, crochet

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC when setting up our chicken tractor. Great ideas here! And have been using this site for just about every chicken question I have had over the last 6 months. Figured I should officially introduce myself since I've been "lurking" for so long!

Hello all. I've been lurking for a while and using all the excellent information on this page. Thought it was time to officially join!

We got our chickens in Oct '23 unexpectedly from a neighbor who was downsizing her flock. An opportunity that presented itself earlier than planned!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC when setting up our chicken tractor. Great ideas here! And have been using this site for just about every chicken question I have had over the last 6 months. Figured I should officially introduce myself since I've been "lurking" for so long!
Howdee from NC!
:frow
Please post pictures, we'd love to see your flock and setup.

Welcome to BYC. Thank you for converting form a lurker to a member.

Back
Top Bottom