Hello from Northeast Ohio!

FateOfMind

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 7, 2014
Northeast Ohio
Hello!

I am somewhat new to the world of chickens, although I volunteered at a farm for many years when I was very small and spent plenty of time gathering eggs as well as corralling chickens, sheep, and goats. I have finally moved back to a somewhat rural setting so I am excited to be able to have a tiny farm of my own. :)

I will be getting four chicks on March 17th through my local feed store. They are going to be picking them up from Meyer Hatchery here in Ohio. I am getting a Rhode Island Red, a Partridge Rock, a Buff Orpington, and a Silver Laced Wyandotte. I have spent hundreds of hours over the past few months doing research, so I hope I have a good things and am happy to join this community for advice! I have a 4ft round brooder set up in my garage, all ready to go when they arrive!

I work for a local hospital as a Critical Care Paramedic doing interfacility ground transport (think life flight helicopter on the ground) for mostly newborns and children. I work three 12 hour shifts a week, so I have four days off to spend with my critters and soon-to-be garden. Currently I have two Conures (parrots), and two dogs, one is a Toy Fox Terrier and the other is a White German Shepherd/Lab mix. I live with my girlfriend of five years in a small house on 2 1/2 acres heated primarily with wood. It just so happens that the first year we learn to "rough it" with wood heat it's the worst it's winter Ohio has seen in quite a few years. That's my luck :rolleyes:

I think that's it for now, if you guys have any questions feel free to ask!

Jacob

images

Good luck with your new babies and welcome to BYC!

Hi, Jacob, welcome to BYC and good luck with your chicks. It's been a horrible winter, but spring has to come.

Hope you are seeing an improvement in weather - stronger sun melting snow and somewhat higher temps interspersed with the low ones - like we are in the Chicago area. Ugh, what a winter - seems bad all over the country. But spring will not be denied. BTW Welcome to the flock
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom