hello from northern indiana

miabyrer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
Walkerton, IN
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My husband nd I are new to chickens. We just moved onto a 2 acre property and are excited about the country life! we have a huge garden and decided we needed to try our hand at chickens. We have been raising chicks for almost 5 weeks now.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 6 5-week old red pullets ( i think one might actually be a rooster but we will have to wait and see)
(3) What breeds do you have?
They are all red but I think there are 3 NH reds and 3 RI reds.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
When I start something new I tend to learn as much as I can about it. I looked everywhere I could online and this site kept popping up so I checked it out.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am a bit odd for my age. I grew up in a small town but now I am completely country. At 23 years old I can stuff from the garden, crochet, quilt, garden, and sew. I also love hiking, camping, and anything outdoors.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a wonderful husband, an indoor cat, a cuddlier outdoor cat and 6 chicks. I am a grad student in a master's of social work program. We currently live with/ take care of my hubbies grandparents. Life is great and the more time I get to spend outside, the better it gets.

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from west Michigan! It's nice to see the younger generation take an interest in canning, gardening and such! There is a wonderful thread on here with lots of great canning recipes, here it is https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=78434.

Back
Top Bottom