Hello from northwest GA!

Chickerywitchery

Chirping
Jul 3, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
  • I started my chicken journey almost a year ago! Started with 12 day old chicks shipped from a very expensive website and they ended up sending 15 - we were crowded!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

• Right now I have 1 rooster, 7 laying hens, 4 pullets, and 5 chicks thanks to my favorite hen going broody
(3) What breeds do you have?
  • Silver, golden, columbian, and red black laced wyandotte. The chicks are mixed with lavender buff orphington
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
  • It's definitely not the egg cleaning! I'll bond with an earthworm if it looked at me too long so it's got to be their personalities and sweet temperaments
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
  • House plants, gardening, taxidermy crafting, and my other pets keep most of my time busy

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

• My family owns a large property with 2 houses so we share a large garden and all the birds, plus all the work both need. The other pets on the property are 2 dogs, 5 cats, 1 hamster, 4 geese, and 9 ducks.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

• I've been creeping on this forum for as long as I've had the chicks. Constantly looking up silly questions to make sure I'm not over protective and yes chicks do just fall asleep mid step and they will be fine. I'm finally joining now because I feel like my questions are more personalized where a broad search won't give me the detail I'm looking for.

1656887928401.png

Back
Top Bottom