Hello from NW (Toledo) Ohio!

I thought I would update this in case anyone else from Toledo is curious about the legality of chickens in the city limits. Per city ordinance - there are NO laws forbidding the possession of poultry within the City of Toledo. However, the confines must be kept sanitary or the owner can be subject to fine and removal of the animals. Also, its worth noting that there is no law forbidding the possession of roosters, there is a noise ordinance (strictly enforced in Toledo)...so I would caution anyone who is considering owning a rooster. Anyways, thats my info., just thought I would pass it along!

I am glad to hear it! Let me know if you have any questions! Our chicks are now nearing 7 weeks old and its great fun to watch them grow now that they are outside (JUST finished their coop)! Pics are always great too!

welcome-byc.gif
There's a hole section on "Laws and Ordinances" in the learning center here at BYC. You can browse through there, or just search laws for ---. Hope you can get chickens soon!
D.gif

Yes, there is quite a wealth of information there! The problem I ran into was there was no clear cut decisive answer for Toledo, OH. Thus, I did my homework and made a thread in case anyone else from Toledo needed the info. My apologies if I placed in the wrong forum, was just trying to be helpful hehe :)

Toledo clucker, I just want to say thanks for getting this information for me. I just moved into city limits and now I know I can't get my chickens. Thanks

hello fellow chicken lover, thanks for info. have u had issues with raccoons? I had to trap those devils. (live trap), neighbor wanted me to take raccoon out, again thanks.

welcome-byc.gif
Thank you for sharing the information re:legality of chickens in Toledo. This is what makes BYC great, wonderful people sharing advice, info and personal experiences. Photos are just icing on the cake.

I am a new member, I was looking for members in Toledo, oh. When I found your question. I raise chickens and turkeys in the city of Toledo. I was told by the city that there is no law against raising chickens. just no water fowl if they get a complaint all they can do is come out and check the conditions to make sure the chickens are being cared for. soon after I got my chickens maybe 6 month or so someone from the city came Knocking at my door she said she got a call that I am raising livestock in the back yard I said sure I have chickens I took her to the back yard and showed her the chickens. She said that it was awesome and told my children that they are very lucky to have chickens and it really made her day. she said if she gets another call she will let them know that everything is good.

Back
Top Bottom