Hello from NYC!

Fancy Falcon

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2017
Hello from NYC! I'm a new member here, though have been avidly reading this message board for a few years in preparation to get a couple of backyard chickens. I have a backyard in Brooklyn, and there are quite a few people that keep hens here! Right now I have a couple of fancy pigeons (they go between an aviary outside and a pigeon proof room inside), two dopey housecats, and a corn snake. I am reconfiguring my yard to make a nice, secure aviary and run for the birds.

When I'm not playing with my lovely pets, I work as a taxidermist (specializing in birds, and have just been enlisted by a local museum to create a chicken exhibit, which is another reason I registered here, to learn as much about chickens as possible). I am a really big animal lover. I also volunteer with the Audubon Society, local zoo, and do TNR work to help lower feral cat populations across the city. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this community!

theoldchick

The Chicken Whisperer
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 11, 2010
Howdy! You come to the right place to learn about chickens. It will be interesting to see how your exhibit turns out.

kwhites634

Slow hands & an easy touch
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Oct 20, 2008
Right here; north-central MD
Hello from NYC! I'm a new member here, though have been avidly reading this message board for a few years in preparation to get a couple of backyard chickens. I have a backyard in Brooklyn, and there are quite a few people that keep hens here! Right now I have a couple of fancy pigeons (they go between an aviary outside and a pigeon proof room inside), two dopey housecats, and a corn snake. I am reconfiguring my yard to make a nice, secure aviary and run for the birds.

When I'm not playing with my lovely pets, I work as a taxidermist (specializing in birds, and have just been enlisted by a local museum to create a chicken exhibit, which is another reason I registered here, to learn as much about chickens as possible). I am a really big animal lover. I also volunteer with the Audubon Society, local zoo, and do TNR work to help lower feral cat populations across the city. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this community!
Hello, and :welcome
Lots of knowledge, fun, & good folks here who are eager to help; just ask

Kiki

🙄🤚Less is More
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
Hi there!
Welcome to BYC.
Share pics of your birds when you get familiar with the site.

Top Bottom