Hello from NYC!

Jbobaloo

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 19, 2013
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the site and I live in NYC but I'm a farm girl at heart. I grew up on a farm so I've been around animals since I was a kid. I know we can legally have hens here in NYC, but I'm wanting to adopt/rescue a few Coturnix quail to keep as pets and for their eggs. Does anyone know if quail are equally ok to keep for myself as chickens are?

I used to keep all sorts of chickens long ago, and I'm sure all of them were "mutts" except for my silkies. I loved all my chickens, but my silkies were my favorites!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :) Now the hard part is convincing the hubs to let me have them.

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the site and I live in NYC but I'm a farm girl at heart. I grew up on a farm so I've been around animals since I was a kid. I know we can legally have hens here in NYC, but I'm wanting to adopt/rescue a few Coturnix quail to keep as pets and for their eggs. Does anyone know if quail are equally ok to keep for myself as chickens are?

I used to keep all sorts of chickens long ago, and I'm sure all of them were "mutts" except for my silkies. I loved all my chickens, but my silkies were my favorites!

hi im in nyc(bronx) and am breeding jumbo coturnix. I was exactly like you two months ago and presto now I must plan on giving away birds-thats how prolific quail are! Im still learning but following the basics will get you there fast. theyre great in my apartment-anything i csn help you with just hit me up as we say here in nyc lol. And btw nyc people arent as dumb and isolated as some may think.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom