Hello from OHIO!

juliemom25

Songster
11 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Hey guys,

So, I have posted a few times already and I have been reading tons, so I figured it's about time to introduce myself.....

I live on 9 acres in central Ohio. My husband and I have 5 children (11,8,3,2,2) and one more on the way (we are adopting from Ethiopia-whohoo!). I am a SAHM mom and my husband and his family own their own manufacturing business.

We bought our old farm house 5 years ago and completely remodeled it and added on. We have a couple old barns on the property and one great old chicken coop.

We decided in early March that we wanted to raise chickens. We fly through eggs and chicken and we love the idea of raising our own and knowing what has been put in them. I think though, we are kind of farmer-ish at heart and I think our chicks just may be starting something.

Our chicks are 3 weeks old today. We have 20 Cornish X's (to butcher) and 6 New Hamphire Reds, 6 Rhode Island Reds, 6 Australorps, 6 Buff Orpington and 6 Ameraucanas. We have had pretty good success for our first time. All our chicks made the delivery and we have only lost one (we lost a Cornish X last week). We've had some pecking issues (with 2 chicks) and we've just recently switched from two brooder boxes to four and we've had no other problems. Right now the chicks are in our garage and we are working on getting the old coop ready.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!!!

Julie

Welcome from Indiana...
frow.gif

Welcome.

So glad you are here!

I love OHIO.... lived around Ashland, Bucyrus and BeaverCreek one summer.

Back
Top Bottom