Hello from Ohio!

jen, I was born and raised in Geauga County. Newbury to be exact. I am now in Mantua. (Portage County) I am not quite sure about the breeds and stuff yet. I bought what I thought was to be 8 sex-linked birds. My girls I thought were to be 4 red sex-linked, and not sure on the other 4. (3 are white and one was buff as a little one, but looks like the reds now). the other 4 were to be I think Ancona (SP???). Not to sure if they look like them though. What do you guys think???
58585_may222010_012.jpg

(Notice the one white one that was to be one of my girls is not at all and he is escaping!!!)

Last edited:
Quote:
OMG
th.gif
**WE** live in Newbury! that is TOO funny!
lau.gif
Both DH and I are originaly from Ashtabula though, we built our house almost 5 years ago (Aug will mark 5 years). LOVE IT! Mantua is so nice too, we drive out that way often.

I'll tell ya, one of these days we need a get together for NE ohio, all the ones I've seen are for southern and 3+ hours of driving is a bit much. I know there are lots of us out here, just need to find someplace to gather.

hmm, where did you get the chicks? just wondering b/c if one is looking more red it just might have gotten mixed up.
idunno.gif

Hello Fishnet and welcome! I'm from NE Ohio too! Don'tcha just love chickens? I started with three, and now I've got 19. They're a real pleasure.

Thought I'd speak up too, I've been here a while but don't post too too often. Kind of in spurts really. I'm from NE Ohio too, Mantua actually just like fishnet, this area is rural but not so spread out that I'd be surprised if we were more than 10 minutes apart even if we had to drive down a couple unpaved roads! Maybe we should have a NE OH meet up! No, I'm not volunteering our yard! we have a tiny house~ LOL

I've posted in the other Ohio threads too, but some of those get so big and pretty out of date because people post then drift away from the site, so this is a more up to date place huh?

I've got a mixed flock of just a few hens but I'm expecting some Buckeye chicks as soon as the weather breaks so it's cool enough for them to survive the trip. Ta for now!

Back
Top Bottom