Hello from Ohio!

Hummelhill

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 20, 2010
Montville, Oh
Hi everyone! My name is Lauri, and my husband, daughter and I live in NE Ohio. We raise Nigerian Dwarf Dairy goats, and recently decided to add a couple chickens to our little farm. Our chicken family currently consists of four 5 week old silkie/cochin crosses, two 2 month old wheaten ameraucanas, and a splash BLRW. I've been reading up on the coop building threads, and they have been a big help in designing our new coop! Look forward to learning lots more
smile.png

Welcome!
I like the sound of your little chicken flock. Colorful little bunch!

Hi Lauri-

I also live in NE Ohio! Welcome to BYC! Sounds like you've got some interesting breeds and mixes. I started off with three chickens and now I'm up to 19. They are very addicting!

Hey, my husband and I are thinking about getting a few goats--maybe werthers....to help with weed control on our property, which is surrounded by woods.....I'd love to know about the breed you're raising....and about general goat care.

Well, have a great day and enjoy those chickens,

Sharon

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!
smile.png

Hey, my husband and I are thinking about getting a few goats--maybe werthers....to help with weed control on our property, which is surrounded by woods.....I'd love to know about the breed you're raising....and about general goat care.

Sharon, I'd be more than happy to "talk goats" with you! Feel free to pm me and we can chat!​

Back
Top Bottom