Hello from Ohio

bboggs78

Chirping
7 Years
May 11, 2015
I've always wanted egg layers like my grandmother had when I was growing up. Well today my daughter surprised me with a gift of some 1 day old baby chicks (white leghorn & buckeye). I have some Plymouth Barred Rocks on order. Our family is so excited with the new additions to our little farm. :)

Hello and welcome to BYC!

Congratulations on your new flock! You should get plenty of eggs with those breeds.

Have you checked out the Learning Center yet? There are some really helpful articles there for folks with new chicks. Take a look at these:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/getting-started-raising-chickens

And if you would like to 'meet' other members in OH, you can find them here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/12049/ohio-come-on-buckeyes-let-me-know-your-out-there

Hope you're enjoying your chicks. Nice to have you join us!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Congrats on the new babies! Chicks are so much fun to watch grow.

If you have any questions about them, feel free to ask around the forums.

Enjoy your new chicks and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Wow, what a nice gift from your daughter! Raising chickens is great fun, and I'm sure you will enjoy them. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

Congratulations on your new chicks! The Leghorns should grow into excellent layers, and the Buckeyes should be very productive and hardy.
smile.png

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. :) I am so happy with our babies. We all are. I have been browsing all the articles on here (great stuff btw) and we're trying to plan our coop. I also have a couple barred Plymouth Rocks on order that will be here around May 27th! So that will be our startup flock. I have some ideas for adding more babies next year, but just wanted to start out small.

Back
Top Bottom