Hello from Oklahoma!

blinkin

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
El Reno
So my wife and I and the kids have been talking about getting some chickens for a while now but we hadn't made any living accomadations for them until one day while at work she called me and said "The kids and I are going to tractor supply to "look" at chickens"...what happened next? I come home to 4 New Hampshire red chicks and 2 pekin ducklings (which she said was "just because". So now we are knee deep in chickens and ducks (my father-in-law bought 6 more RIR's) and I found myself spending hours on this website figuring things out. Needless to say it has been fun, but I finally realized I need to sign up and join so here we are!

redsoxs

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
North Central Kansas
Greetings from Kansas, blinkin, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Best of luck to you and your flock!

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
welcome-byc.gif
Typical story we hear over and over - funny thing the new chicken parents suddenly go nuts and buy more and more chicks- and end up with a full blown addiction. Don't think for a minute you'll escape their grasp. Chicken math sets in - ie., if you get a roo (rooster) replace it with two pullets (girls) and so on. If you are building a coop - make it larger than necessary- you'll be shocked how fast you fill it up. Glad to have you on board - you know of course we are all enablers and you can never have too many chickens according to us.

islandgal

Chirping
6 Years
May 3, 2013
Tacoma, WA
I agree about the addiction growing easily! I always find myself looking at the hatchery catalogs for one or two new breeds, and find ten I want to have!!

Top Bottom