Hello From Onslow County NC!

crazychickenlady724

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2018
Hubert, NC
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got into chickens on March 3, 2016. It was the one year anniversary of my son's death and I found myself in TSC and depressed. There were chicks and ducklings. So, on a whim I bought six chicks and 2 ducklings. Two years later, it's become an obsession!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have about 25 chickens, two ducks (a breeding pair of Mallards), and a breeding pair of turkeys.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have some barnyard mix that includes RIR, Barred Rock, silkies, a Polish mix, some white leghorns, and a few mutts. And then I have my Orpingtons and Wyandottes. :)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was looking for a chicken breeding guide. I found Henk's calculator. LOL

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Sewing. Vinyl Cutting. Bath bomb making. Reading. General crafting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have four dogs, a few pigs, two goats, a cow, my chickens, ducks, and turkeys, four living children, I have lost two sons, my husband, and my niece some weekends. It makes for a pretty exciting life. Haha! I am a veteran of the US Army and my husband is a USMC vet. :)

Hello, @crazychickenlady724 and :welcome we are so glad to have you join our flock! :jumpy:jumpy

There were chicks and ducklings. So, on a whim I bought six chicks and 2 ducklings. Two years later, it's become an obsession!
This is how chicken math works! I'm currently glued to the internet trying to find ways to make my newest episode of chicken math work out. :caf I have fallen victim yet again, send help.

:woot Good luck with that guide, I hope you use it ;) breeding is an exciting endeavor.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. So sorry that you lost two sons :hugs
Thank you. This time of year is always rough. We lost our first son March 3, 2015 so I'm usually basically a wreck this time of year. And it's snowing in the middle of March here right now. Mother Nature is a psychopath this year. LOL!

Hello, @crazychickenlady724 and :welcome we are so glad to have you join our flock! :jumpy:jumpy

This is how chicken math works! I'm currently glued to the internet trying to find ways to make my newest episode of chicken math work out. :caf I have fallen victim yet again, send help.

:woot Good luck with that guide, I hope you use it ;) breeding is an exciting endeavor.
Yes! I am really excited. I've literally drawn charts of how to get to my end goal with the breeding projects I'm starting. LOL

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got into chickens on March 3, 2016. It was the one year anniversary of my son's death and I found myself in TSC and depressed. There were chicks and ducklings. So, on a whim I bought six chicks and 2 ducklings. Two years later, it's become an obsession!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have about 25 chickens, two ducks (a breeding pair of Mallards), and a breeding pair of turkeys.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have some barnyard mix that includes RIR, Barred Rock, silkies, a Polish mix, some white leghorns, and a few mutts. And then I have my Orpingtons and Wyandottes. :)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Sewing. Vinyl Cutting. Bath bomb making. Reading. General crafting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have four dogs, a few pigs, two goats, a cow, my chickens, ducks, and turkeys, four living children, I have lost two sons, my husband, and my niece some weekends. It makes for a pretty exciting life. Haha! I am a veteran of the US Army and my husband is a USMC vet. :)

First thank you both for your service and Welcome to Backyard Chickens

That's fantastic! What breed(s) is/are you planning to breed?
I have Orpingtons (black, blue, and lavender) and I have Wyandottes (black laced red, silver laced, and gold laced). I am aiming for an Isabel Lavender Orpington because it is gorgeous! I'm going to be adding in blue laced red Wyandottes as well. I also like the mauve Orpingtons so I am going to be adding chocolate Orpingtons.
I also want to get some Sultans. :)

Back
Top Bottom