1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello From Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MiddleMan, Oct 17, 2009.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    Greetings.

My wife has been a member here for some time now. We started a small flock of chickens just over a year and a bit a go, with three hatchery chickens, one EE, one New Haven Red, and one Buff Orpington.

Then she discovered hatching eggs. hatching her first batch made her very happy last January. So... when she asked how many she could hatch, I told her, well honey, it makes you happy so hatch as many as you like.

I thought. Well, it doesn't really matter. She has hatched over 100 chicks this year and we have raised and kept 15 of those. We would have a few more but we can't keep roos outdoors

Now, we have 1 EE, 4 Americaunas, 2 millieflure cochins, 2 D'Uccle, 1 white silky, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Salmon Faverolle, 1 Buff Orpinton, 1 Black Rock. in our outdoor flock. in the very nice chicken house I built for them.

And, my wife bought me a dozen Serama eggs she was nice enough to hatch for me. She knows I do like little birds so.
    Out of 18 eggs, I got 4 Seramas. and one little blue cochin roo. (We didn't know what he was when he was born what with the feathered feet and all so I called him Mystery Meat.)

My little flock of four Seramas are now 9 weeks old two boys and two girls.

[​IMG]

It's also hatching season here at our house again. I have 24 more Serama eggies cooking, and she has oh.. 75 or so eggies of various types.

We have too many chickens.

2. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    [​IMG] from Arizona!

Now you understand your wife a little better, don't you?

3. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Hi and Welcome!!

If you ever have serama Q's feel free to ask me! I LOVE them!

[​IMG]

4. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    I will do that, since I'm currently watching the eggies my wife bought from you incubate. [​IMG]

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

6. bigchickenman

bigchickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Miamisburg,Ohio
    Welcome to BYC from Ohio

7. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from UT!

8. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    [​IMG]

9. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

10. UrbanFarmChix

UrbanFarmChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Portland, OR
    I think it only appropriate that my 100th post be to say hi to my Sweets. [​IMG] You are so supportive. Thank you honey. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by