Hello From Oregon

MiddleMan

Songster
10 Years
Oct 14, 2009
Portland, Oregon
Greetings.

My wife has been a member here for some time now. We started a small flock of chickens just over a year and a bit a go, with three hatchery chickens, one EE, one New Haven Red, and one Buff Orpington.

Then she discovered hatching eggs. hatching her first batch made her very happy last January. So... when she asked how many she could hatch, I told her, well honey, it makes you happy so hatch as many as you like.

I thought. Well, it doesn't really matter. She has hatched over 100 chicks this year and we have raised and kept 15 of those. We would have a few more but we can't keep roos outdoors

Now, we have 1 EE, 4 Americaunas, 2 millieflure cochins, 2 D'Uccle, 1 white silky, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Salmon Faverolle, 1 Buff Orpinton, 1 Black Rock. in our outdoor flock. in the very nice chicken house I built for them.

And, my wife bought me a dozen Serama eggs she was nice enough to hatch for me. She knows I do like little birds so.
Out of 18 eggs, I got 4 Seramas. and one little blue cochin roo. (We didn't know what he was when he was born what with the feathered feet and all so I called him Mystery Meat.)

My little flock of four Seramas are now 9 weeks old two boys and two girls.

42938_jeffseramas.jpg

It's also hatching season here at our house again. I have 24 more Serama eggies cooking, and she has oh.. 75 or so eggies of various types.

We have too many chickens.

Back
Top Bottom