Hello from Oshkosh, WI

thanks
big_smile.png

Quote:
The draft ordinance specifically lists "chickens" as pets. So they are categorized along with dogs and cats. If you want to raise ducks you would have to start from scratch to get an ordinance specific to ducks. Poultry was too broad of a term. Because it includes peafowl, turkeys, ducks etc they specifically used the word chicken.

Quote:
The draft ordinance specifically lists "chickens" as pets. So they are categorized along with dogs and cats. If you want to raise ducks you would have to start from scratch to get an ordinance specific to ducks. Poultry was too broad of a term. Because it includes peafowl, turkeys, ducks etc they specifically used the word chicken.

Oh
sad.png
thats depressing I was really looking forward to having a duck here, and I'm not giving up hope! Sooo how exactly would I go about getting the ordinance changed? Any idea how to?

Quote:

Oh
sad.png
thats depressing I was really looking forward to having a duck here, and I'm not giving up hope! Sooo how exactly would I go about getting the ordinance changed? Any idea how to?

You would have to bring the issue to the City Council. I think ducks would be an extremely up-hill battle. It might be best to wait until chickens have been around for a while without any problems first. Waterfowl and migratory birds have totally different issues than chickens.

I have never raised ducks, but wouldn't it just fly away? Do you clip their wings?

Quote:
Oh
sad.png

You would have to bring the issue to the City Council. I think ducks would be an extremely up-hill battle. It might be best to wait until chickens have been around for a while without any problems first. Waterfowl and migratory birds have totally different issues than chickens.

I have never raised ducks, but wouldn't it just fly away? Do you clip their wings?

Actually most domestic ducks cannot fly.

Back
Top Bottom