HELLO from Owlfarmer

Owlfarmer

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2017
I like this site. Hello from the west coast. I've had chickens for many years. For the past 7, I've shared a flock of 15 with my friends next door. One person feeds and waters the birds in the morning, one feeds in the afternoon and collects eggs, while I pay for the food, do nursing, handling and substitute feeding. We share coop cleaning, which is used for our gardens. Three are roosters, two of whom are lifelong friends from the original flock and the other is one's son. Having peace (and quiet) on our property is most important. We feel it is our responsibility to keep the flock happy and so any chicken who cannot get along is quickly removed, usually to the soup pot. This means the bullies and rapists. We remove (to butcher or inspect) chickens from the roost after dark, so as to not freak out the flock and this practice keeps us calm as well.

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

I like this site. Hello from the west coast. I've had chickens for many years. For the past 7, I've shared a flock of 15 with my friends next door. One person feeds and waters the birds in the morning, one feeds in the afternoon and collects eggs, while I pay for the food, do nursing, handling and substitute feeding. We share coop cleaning, which is used for our gardens. Three are roosters, two of whom are lifelong friends from the original flock and the other is one's son. Having peace (and quiet) on our property is most important. We feel it is our responsibility to keep the flock happy and so any chicken who cannot get along is quickly removed, usually to the soup pot. This means the bullies and rapists. We remove (to butcher or inspect) chickens from the roost after dark, so as to not freak out the flock and this practice keeps us calm as well.

how wonderful the arrangement you have there many of us are the westcoast so to speak I am Mossyrock, Washington state

Back
Top Bottom