Hello from Pennsylvania

Falconechickens

Hatching
Jul 10, 2016
Greetings, I am new to this sight but my husband and I have raised BYC for 4 years now , it has been a wonderful experience raising these animals, in fact ours are very spoiled, so much so that when I or my husband goes into their penned in area they come right up to our feet wanting us to pick them each up and give them a hug every morning. We have Rhode island reds. I am hoping to get more information on raising more that are actually a different breed along with the ones we already have and what I need that's recommended as far as roster or goose to help me with strengthening the protection of my hens from predators. We live on a heavy wooded 2 and a half acre property surrounded by Amish farms and fields. Thank you for letting me join.

Indigo

:welcome!

We'd be happy to answer any questions you have :)

A rooster would be easier to add than geese. Geese (you need at least two) will require a water source they can fully submerge their heads in and preferably something they can swim in, like a pool. They also really benefit from access to fresh grass, which may be a problem if you don't free range.

A rooster you can add without changing anything, provided you have enough space and enough hens, and after you do a quarantine period, of course :)

Hi and welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom