Hello from Pennsylvania!

jonstolpe

Hatching
10 Years
Feb 20, 2009
23315_chicken091709.jpg

Jumping on the BYC forum. I started raising chickens on June 1, 2009 when a good friend of mine gave me six pearl white leghorn 2-day old chicks. They grew quickly in the brooder box in the shed before I moved them to the chicken coop that I had a blast building with my kids. Since then, I've added 2 more brown araucanas that lay green eggs. We are getting 5-8 eggs every day. It's been a blast sharing the eggs with others and enjoying them with our family.

23315_dscn2785.jpg

Last month, another chicken "farmer" from my office and myself organized a breakfast benefit to raise money for American Red Cross Haiti Disaster Relief. We sold breakfast sandwiches with fresh eggs from our hens for $10 each. We raised nearly $900 that was doubled by our company (Siemens) for the cause. It was a blast, and there's talking of putting on more of these breakfasts - maybe once a quarter.

(Right now, I'm starting to focus some of my attention to my next backyard adventure - beekeeping. More to follow.)

Hi jonstolpe!
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! Great job with your chicken coop, I like it!!
thumbsup.gif
Isn't it great getting all those eggs, and to think, being able to share them for a great cause also!!
thumbsup.gif
Enjoy!!!
yippiechickie.gif

sgtmom52 - about 20 minutes north of King of Prussia! Nice to be connected with other crazy chicken raisers!

Back
Top Bottom