Hello from Phoenix, AZ!

DuckMochi

Songster
6 Years
Jun 16, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Hello everyone! I am probably one of the younger people on this site only being 18 years old but I own 5 chickens and 2 ducks so I felt it was about time I joined the community. I always use this website whenever I need questions answer and it's been so helpful so far. I have personally raised our two ducks Mochi (cayuga female) and Billy (mallard female) but the family also owns our five hens: Buffy (Buff Orphington), Specks (Americauna), Blacky (Black Sex Link), Betsy (Speckled Sussex) and Little Red (Rhode Island Red).

They were all bought at the same time and have grown up together but they are still only 4 months old. Getting closer to egg time but they still have some growing to do! I'll get pictures up as soon as I can (they're all energetic so it's hard to get good pictures of them). I hope you all bear with me in the community, I'm very excited to learn more about raising chickens and ducks.

You came to THE right place to learn about them.
Congrats for joining.

Welcome to BYC.

Hello Arizona people! I need help! I know NOTHING about ducks. We acquired some mallard eggs after a mother duck and father duck found their nesting spot by our pool. I didn't realize it at first but they indeed had 7 eggs and the dad took off. We have dogs (outside of the pool gate, but my jack Russell likes to squeeze through the gate like a mouse. The mom flew off and hasn't been back in 24 hours. The nest has feathers plucked off and the eggs are covered with some brush. I put small gates around my big gate so my dog can't get through now. Do they need incubated in Phx heat? I don't know what to do. Please help

Back
Top Bottom