Hello from Portland!

Scruffles

Hatching
Aug 9, 2015
Portland
After several years of popping onto the site to look up answers to questions (and get hooked in by all the cute pics), I decided it is time to join. What a great resource and community.

I've been keeping chickens since 2008. My girls range in age from 7 years to 11 weeks, with some in between. My oldest are an ameraucana, a buff orp, and an australorp. My middles are a SLW, two sex links and a little red 5yo banty with an attitude (she has recently begun crowing every morning). My youngest two are ameraucana and RIR cross and are the sweetest little ones I've ever had. I'm hoping they are girls and watching and waiting...

I'm looking forward to connecting with other chicken enthusiasts and sharing experiences. Thank you, BYC!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined the flock!
frow.gif
I'm right next door in Washington. Pleased to be a 'neighbor'!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! What a cute avatar you have :love Thats a lovely mixed flock you have and some of your hens have reached a great age. I'm sure it's all the great care they get form you. Many of us were lurkers before joining, I was one too so it's great you have taken the plunge and joined us here.

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future and enjoy BYC :frow

Thank you! Yes, my hens have a pretty good life. I'll post pictures of my setup sometime after it gets a good cleaning. :)

welcome-byc.gif

How nice you came out of lurker-mode to become a member...always room for more! It sounds like you have a great mixed flock. I look forward to seeing your photos when you're ready to share them.

Thanks for joining us!

There's an Oregon state thread if you would like to drop in and say hello:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/48/oregon

Sometimes it's helpful to chat with people that live closer to you. It's a good way of figuring out how to deal with weather issues, where local breeders are, swap meets, etc.

Back
Top Bottom