Hello from Quad Cities, IA but CO and OH transplant!

skyedobb

Songster
10 Years
Mar 17, 2009
Quad Cities, IA
Hello to all! I'm fairly new, joined a few weeks ago, I think. Must say I love the site and check it at least daily! Have gotten 2 groups of birds from people on here, and another coming soon!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I got chickens 2 weeks ago now, I think. I was going to start with chicks, but had an offer of 3 free birds (2 hens/1 roo) and then another 10 for very cheap and I couldn't resist! The two groups came within days of each other, so there was no stress in the introductions. I just added another 4 adults yesterday. That intro took longer. And yes, I know I'm supposed to quarantine, but don't have a Q-pen, so it wasn't an option just yet.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Currently 21

(3) What breeds do you have?
leghorn, SL wyandotte, ameracauna, BR, SL and GL polish, RIR, cochin, brahma, BO babies

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I think I stumbled upon it - not sure!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Genealogy, gardening, planning my wedding this summer...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I live with my fiance and we moved to Iowa from Colorado last summer ('08). We live in the Quad City area. We have 3 dogs (2 heelers, one corgi) and one cat and now 21 chickens! I am originally from OH, went to school in IN and then again in CO. My fiance and I are an online-dating success story! I'm a veterinarian working in the area of public health and safety.

Hi, and Welcome from North Carolina!
frow.gif

Welcome! I live near the Quad Cities. Well, I better get to bed. I am thinking of still going to the Burlington swap in the morning if the weather doesn't get too bad so I need to get some sleep. Check out the Iowa thread where you can meet a lot of Iowans.
smile.png

Thanks for the welcomes! And thanks from the fellow Iowans! I've already subscribed to both the IA and IL threads - I'm sure you'll see me on there! I was thinking of going to Burlington tomorrow, but I think I may wimp out and wait 'till May! Or maybe Mequoketa in a couple weeks...

Back
Top Bottom