Hello from Quebec, Canada!

Lila_Brambleburr

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Teafield Rd.
I'm Kelly, I am married to a wonderful man and I have one 14 year old daughter. We have a great dog named Mini, a cat who is my personal baby, Frodo, and 14 chickens ~ 13 hens and a roo. My relationship with God is the most important thing in my life, and I am so grateful to be able to live in such a beautiful place. I love my family, have great friends, and enjoy life. I have a few challenges in my life, mostly illness, as I have heart disease and a chronic, painful bladder disease called interstitial cystitis (IC), but I value the support of those close to me, and I find solace, purpose and humor in caring for my funny chickies. They make me happy. I am a writer, a mentor to women and young people who struggle with abuse and addiction issues, an encourager, and I find my strength in God. I see the chickens as a calming stress reliever, a reminder to be gentle even when frustrated, a source of endless humor, and a comfort, with their soft, content noises and simple little lives.

I love BYC and have been having so much fun checking things out and commenting on threads. I have so much to learn, and BYC has so much to teach me! What a perfect fit!!!
big_smile.png
I look forward to getting to know the people here, because I don't know if you have noticed, but not everyone "gets" the chicken love thing.
ep.gif

It's good to be home...
celebrate.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom