Hello from Queensland Australia

chookie girl

Hatching
Jan 4, 2016
Queensland - Australia
Hi there, just wanted to say hi and I love this website, It is so informative for newbies. I had never even been close to a chicken until 5 months ago, but we have recently retired from city life and bought a home with about a quarter of an acre of land. Hubby wanted some chickens and vege gardens, so I reluctantly agreed to a few chickens .

Well needless to say I am besotted and couldn't imagine what we did before we had them! We recently added a couple of bantam silkies to our 4 big girls and they have fitted in really well. Just this week we have added two tiny d'uccles to the flock. I decided we needed a new run for the little ones as they were getting picked on and sent Hubby out for mesh, timber and tools to build a second coop.

On our nightly inspection of the yard to check for dreaded cane toads, we decided to check the newbies and to our horror we couldn't find them. On closer inspection they had decided to roost up high in the coop and snuggle in between the big girls! We were amazed that this had happened after only adding them two days before.

I am constantly learning and enjoy my new role of crazy chicken lady.
Deb

Hi :welcome Deb

Glad you could join the flock! I too just can't imagine life now without my flock! I was petrified of birds but our first two hens restored my faith in birds and after that there was just no stopping my bird addiction! Sounds like your flock is growing well, I hope that continues for many years.
Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi Deb,
welcome-byc.gif

It sounds like your new girls are fitting in well with the bigger ones. Congratulations on your new home and flock.

Thanks for joining us!

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

Amazing that the elders accepted the newbies so quickly, wish adding to a flock were always that easy :)

Hi Deb and welcome to BYC - great that your new members are settling in so well - its a bit like bedlam in my coop on a night time at the moment
smile.png
The Learning Centre is a great resource, so check that out if you have not done so already. Theres lots of Aussie members and you can join them on the thread "Australia, six states and that funny little island" - you'll meet other BYC members local to you.

All the best

CT

Back
Top Bottom