Hello from Red Rockn Chick!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Red Rockn Chick, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Red Rockn Chick

Red Rockn Chick Just Hatched

Jun 15, 2016
    Hello Everyone! [​IMG]

This AZ family is enjoying just a few pet chickens with soon to be egg perks... we hope.
    Having had chickens as a high-schooler with my own parents, I have missed having a few birds around and am now sharing the fun with our daughter! [​IMG]

We have only three chicks [​IMG]sold as sexed females, but already have at least one roo. Our three supposed hens were our Rhode Island Red (definite roo @ almost 7 weeks) named Ember, a blue-wheaton Araucana named Ara (5 wks) and a silver-laced Wyandotte (5 wks) named Harpy. ;)

All three birds love to have their necks rubbed and sit immediately down and snuggle in when picked up. :) Happy Chickens-- just the way we want them to be. :)

Have already appreciated all of the wonderful shares and comments we've read here... so we joined in for more fun too.

Thank you!

[​IMG]Red RockN Chick

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. It's great that you are enjoying your chicken renaissance and also having the opportunity to share your hobby with your daughter.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. Red Rockn Chick

Jun 15, 2016
    Thank you CT Ken! I will look for it. [​IMG]
    Update: found and am on it! Thanks!

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It sounds like you are really enjoying your chicken adventures :D They around adorable sitting down with you, I have a few like that and they really enjoy the attention!! Wishing you the very best of luck with your chicks in the future.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC - sounds like your chicks have great personalities

7. Red Rockn Chick

Jun 15, 2016
    Thank you Sumi. Happy to be here. [​IMG]

8. Red Rockn Chick

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Next time we will look for the head stripe! Doh!
    [​IMG]
    He wasn't so sure about the phone. LOL
    [​IMG]
    Dah Strut... yup, moving the boxes up!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Two roos chillin

Thank you, Yorkshire Coop, Drumstick Diva.

We want our few new chicks to have it made and they have each been held consistently, taken out for socializing, pets and occasional treats as well. All choose to snuggle in one of several boxes presently for bed, they provide for some hilarity at treat times and give great looks with curious chicken faces and stretched out necks. LOL
    While we were very disappointed with our RIR turning out to be a Roo (he was supposed to be our best layer XD [​IMG] ), we intend to keep him around as he is soooo Mr Personality. He has even emerged to be my daughter's fave when her own special pick was our Silver Laced Winnie! So far, at ~7 weeks and already well developed, he runs up for pets and hops on a knee to sit down, has no feeling that he needs to defend the younger ones who follow him around and makes the best silly chicken faces. LOL :D Hopefully he will be more on the quiet side (crosses fingers with no expectation). [​IMG]

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by