Hello from Redford MI

Chickenmamamoe2

Hatching
8 Years
Feb 19, 2011
Hello. I am a mother of two young girls with food intolerances and am looking into raising chickens in my backyard to not only cut down on the cost of eggs, but to teach my girls about caring for animals. We were meant for farm life, I am sure, but live in a very urban area for now. I am totally clueless as how to even begin this process, and my husband is slowly coming around to the idea, but knows I need some help, support and encouragement along the way besides from him. My sister is planning to raise chickens as well, and has a very large, spacious country home to do so. I know I can make this work in our yard, but am researching how to make sure I do it the right way and care for the animals as best as I can and as they deserve.

Welcome from Northern California.
frow.gif
You may also want to check out the free chicken care e-book on www.mypetchicken.com
Scroll down to the Free Tools on their home page. It's not as extensive as Gail Damerow's books but it's free and can help get you started.

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
! This is a great place to learn alot of things you need to know about chickens. We are here to help you as much as we can
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom