Hello from San Antonio, TX

SummerChick

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Somerset, Texas
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I grew up around chickens but mostly remember my great grandmother raising them, I remember I loved helping her with them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I just got started with 5....and they are sweethearts!

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have Stars/ red sex link. I am looking for Amerecauna's and some Buff Orpingtons also.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

I googled "how to raise chickens"...and what a wonderful site this is!! I am so very happy to have found this site.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I garden, have exotic birds.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a husband and 2 kids, a Blue and Gold Macaw, a Sun Conure and a Cockatiel. I am a floral designer and work part time.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
9 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
frow.gif
and a Texas size
welcome-byc.gif
!!!
I have Buff Orpingtons and they are sweet lil' chickens and they lay lots of big light brown eggs and go broody alot!!!! So happy you joined us!
hugs.gif
D.gif
:cd

BoerneChickens

Songster
9 Years
Mar 3, 2010
Boerne, TX
I am new and from the San Antonio area too!! Boerne actually.
welcome-byc.gif

I just ordered my first chicks - they are due to arrive next week and I can't wait!
ya.gif
I am getting a Silver Cuckoo Marans and 3 Esater Eggers. Later in the spring I am expecting a second shipment with two silkies and a Buff Brahma Bantam

I also love to garden and am working on a big veggie garden expansion right now. Have you had chickens for awhlie and re just new to the site or are you new to both?

heritagebirds

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Eastern Shore MD
welcome-byc.gif
On my Second/third????? year of chickens...oh, crud, I can't remember. That's how bad the addiction gets you
lau.gif
welcome-byc.gif

*phew* it says two years by my av...

Last edited:

Top Bottom