Hello from San Antonio, TX

SummerChick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Somerset, Texas
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I grew up around chickens but mostly remember my great grandmother raising them, I remember I loved helping her with them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I just got started with 5....and they are sweethearts!

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have Stars/ red sex link. I am looking for Amerecauna's and some Buff Orpingtons also.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

I googled "how to raise chickens"...and what a wonderful site this is!! I am so very happy to have found this site.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I garden, have exotic birds.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a husband and 2 kids, a Blue and Gold Macaw, a Sun Conure and a Cockatiel. I am a floral designer and work part time.

frow.gif
and a Texas size
welcome-byc.gif
!!!
I have Buff Orpingtons and they are sweet lil' chickens and they lay lots of big light brown eggs and go broody alot!!!! So happy you joined us!
hugs.gif
D.gif
:cd

I am new and from the San Antonio area too!! Boerne actually.
welcome-byc.gif

I just ordered my first chicks - they are due to arrive next week and I can't wait!
ya.gif
I am getting a Silver Cuckoo Marans and 3 Esater Eggers. Later in the spring I am expecting a second shipment with two silkies and a Buff Brahma Bantam

I also love to garden and am working on a big veggie garden expansion right now. Have you had chickens for awhlie and re just new to the site or are you new to both?

welcome-byc.gif
On my Second/third????? year of chickens...oh, crud, I can't remember. That's how bad the addiction gets you
lau.gif
welcome-byc.gif

*phew* it says two years by my av...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom