Hello from Saskatchewan Canada

Glad to meet you, Kyle and Katie. My husband was a stay at home dad and was such a great and fun caretaker for our kids. I hope you guys have as much fun!

You will love coturnix. They are so adorable looking, and mature unbelievably fast. Then, unless a shock intervenes, you get an egg a day from each lady. The eggs are very little. I recommend buying Quail Egg scissors (somebody here told me about them). Quail eggs are so small that they are really hard to open, and I was just reduced to boiling them (3 1/2 -4 minutes or they turn into rubber!). But they do make awesome deviled eggs! And the eggs are so pretty that I have given many shells to a friend who filled interesting bottles and jars with them for decoration.

byc-sign-flash-gif.2041168

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Back
Top Bottom