Hello from Seattle

urbn

Hatching
10 Years
Nov 18, 2009
Hi everyone. I've been planning on joining up for a few months now and finally got around to creating an account.

I have been kicking around the idea about raising chickens for the last year and finally did so about 7 months ago. I went with white crested polish chickens and have been so happy that I did. I'm very supirsed by how connected me and my chickens have become. I was assuming they would just be hanging out in our backyard but it seems like they have taken me in as one of their own. We hang out almost daily (if it's not raining) and everyone in the neighborhood love them.

so far our relationship has been great, and the coop I built seems to be working great for them (though I need to addd more roosting space I think.

This photo is a few months old but I'll be taking a few more soon.
l_fe3ad270f3104089b0245bf46b9f66cd.jpg

Chickens are tasty, delicious, stu and drew
smile.png

LOL I'm a former Minnesotian
smile.png
. Lived in Minnesota for the last 30 years and been in Seattle on and off for the last 2 years.

I was just back in Minnesota 2 weeks ago because a friend was in the hospital with swine flue/pneumonia

Yes theyt are
smile.png
I was worried about the chickens getting affected by my mistakes along the way but it seems like all the research I did before hand really helped out. I would go so far as to say my chickens are pretty spoiled and have been quite happy even wtih my inexperience with raising chickens.

Hi back, from Seattle! And
welcome-byc.gif

Gorgeous birds you have there!

Check out the Washingtonians thread under "Where am I where are you?". You'll find LOTS of us live on BYC!

Back
Top Bottom