Hello from Semta!

Semta

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2020
1: I am very new to taking care of chickens, though I was friends with my neighbor's chickens because the last 2 wandered into our yard. She had scaly leg mites but as much as I tried to treat those I had no idea how to and she wasn't my chicken.

2: one chicken, but I want to get permission from my grandfather to get a little flock. I never expected to have a chicken, but my mother had a friend who has chickens and this one was bullied, so my mother volunteered to take care of it. So far it's just a little chick, but I look forward to seeing it grow!

3: I know the father is a silkie, but I have no idea what breed the mother is.

4: so far I really like seeing it grow every day and planning how I'll take care of it in the long run if we keep it after it is able to be outside. My mother wants it to be a house chicken but I've been trying to think of ways to convince grandfather to let us have more. (He is the landlord)

5: I draw digitally and traditionally, code, and take care of and raise animals.

6: We have birds, an orphan baby mouse I just got weaned (I'll probably be able to release it back into the wild soon!), some rats, a dog, 3 cats, and now this chick. I love all of our animals and try to get them the best care I can.

7: i kept googling stuff about chicks. I want to give this one the best shot I can at living happily, so I want to know as much as I can about chicks. Especially while it looks healthy before anything goes wrong so I can troubleshoot quicker if anything happens. (I already have my styptic powder nearby just in case I ever need it quickly)

1: I am very new to taking care of chickens, though I was friends with my neighbor's chickens because the last 2 wandered into our yard. She had scaly leg mites but as much as I tried to treat those I had no idea how to and she wasn't my chicken.

2: one chicken, but I want to get permission from my grandfather to get a little flock. I never expected to have a chicken, but my mother had a friend who has chickens and this one was bullied, so my mother volunteered to take care of it. So far it's just a little chick, but I look forward to seeing it grow!

3: I know the father is a silkie, but I have no idea what breed the mother is.

4: so far I really like seeing it grow every day and planning how I'll take care of it in the long run if we keep it after it is able to be outside. My mother wants it to be a house chicken but I've been trying to think of ways to convince grandfather to let us have more. (He is the landlord)

5: I draw digitally and traditionally, code, and take care of and raise animals.

6: We have birds, an orphan baby mouse I just got weaned (I'll probably be able to release it back into the wild soon!), some rats, a dog, 3 cats, and now this chick. I love all of our animals and try to get them the best care I can.

7: i kept googling stuff about chicks. I want to give this one the best shot I can at living happily, so I want to know as much as I can about chicks. Especially while it looks healthy before anything goes wrong so I can troubleshoot quicker if anything happens. (I already have my styptic powder nearby just in case I ever need it quickly)

Hello there and welcome to BYC! I see that you are raising chickens. So if you get a chick that is baby it needs to stay in a brooder at least 37.5 degree's celcius. and every week you make it 5 degree's colder. And when its 6 weeks old, it can exit the brooder.

But you need to know the most IMPORTANT rule. NEVER mix big and small chickens together. The big chickens will kill the small ones.

Back
Top Bottom